Travel & Accommodation
Travelling to the University of Western Australia, Crawley Campus
- The 5.5 kilometre trip from the Perth CBD will take about 20 minutes in peak hour traffic and about 10 minutes at other times.
- If you are coming from the Perth airport, add another 30 minutes in peak hour and 20 minutes at other times.
Taxi services are easily available from the airport and the CBD.
By bus: There are many bus routes to UWA’s Crawley campus from various places in Perth. Buses are regular and frequent (from Perth CBD/Elizabeth Quay bus station).
By bus (From Perth CBD):
- Bus Route 950 – Stops include: Perth Station (William St/Hay St Mall), Elizabeth Quay Bus Station, Mounts Bay Road (multiple stops), UWA (stop is on Stirling Hwy).
- Bus Route 102 and Bus Route 107 -- Stops include: Elizabeth Quay Bus Station, Mounts Bay Road (multiple stops), UWA (stop is on Stirling Hwy).
By bus (From Perth Airport):
- Bus Route 40– Stops include: Perth Airport (T3 and T4), Great Eastern Hwy (multiple stops), Victoria Park Transfer Station, Adelaide Terrace (multiple stops), St. George’s Terrace (multiple stops), Elizabeth Quay Bus Station. Then take one of the buses listed above from Elizabeth Quay bus station to UWA.
- Bus Route 380– Stops include: Perth Airport (T1 and T2), Belmont Forum, Great Eastern Hwy (multiple stops), Victoria Park Transfer Station, Adelaide Terrace (multiple stops), St. George’s Terrace (multiple stops), Elizabeth Quay Bus Station. Then take one of the buses listed above from Elizabeth Quay bus station to UWA.
Bus routes 24 and 103 also operate from East Perth to UWA but stop along Hampden Road/Stirling Hwy, from where UWA is an easy walk across the street. Bus route 97 operates from Subiaco Train station and stops directly along the Fairway entrances to the Crawley campus.
- Bus tickets can be purchased aboard Transperth buses. However, a Standard Smartrider card entitles passengers to a 15% discount on cash fares.
- Bike maps covering the Perth metropolitan area are available from the Department of Transport. Check out the link for suggested cycling routes to campus.
- UWA lists facilities and parking for cyclists here.
You can also get directions to UWA’s campus by various modes of transport using the following link.
Parking on campus
- The University has various pay and display parking areas Long-term car parks charge $1.50 per hour and short-term car parks charge $2 per hour. For more information on paid parking, permit areas and times, parking for bicycles and motorcycles see the Transport and Parking website.
St. Catherine's on Park - 2 Park Rd, Crawley WA 6009
Venue for the 2016 ABNMS Conference. St. Catherine’s on Park has 15 self-contained & serviced executive apartments and premium rooms. Guests receive complimentary wi-fi and a complimentary breakfast. Parking is limited.
ABNMS Conference guests receive a 10% discount. Please use the promo code “stay”. Those booking well in advance will be eligible to have access to their advance purchase discount on top of the additional 10% giving a total discount of 20% off their best available rate.
Email Jodi Swan at email@example.com or call (08) 9442 0400 for more information and for booking.
Other Residential college accommodation
Short-term guest accommodation is available at other residential colleges: Trinity College, University Hall, St. George's College and St. Thomas More College. Please inquire with the colleges for rates and availability.
UWA owned accommodation – Various properties around the university area
The University of Western Australia owns 10 short-term accommodation properties for eligible UWA, students, staff and visitors. Rates range from $100 to $120 per night.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9273 3333 for more information and for booking.
Sixty 6 Broadway – 66 Broadway, Crawley WA 6009
Fully furnished and equipped two bedroom apartments adjacent to the UWA campus. Rates start from $100 per night. Rates include Wi-fi and parking.
Email email@example.com or call 0413 608 981 for more information and for booking.
River Park Accommodation – 80 Monash Ave, Nedlands, WA 6009
Bed and breakfast very close to the UWA campus. Rates are $150 per night. Guests staying for a week can avail a 15% discount.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9386 6497 for more information and for booking.
Captain Stirling Hotel – 80 Stirling Hwy, Nedlands, WA 6009
Located on Stirling Highway very close to the UWA campus. Guests enjoy free wi-fi.
Email email@example.com or call (08) 9386 2200 for more information and for booking.
Good Earth Hotel – 195 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6004
Located in the Perth CBD. Guests enjoy free wi-fi.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9492 7777 for more information and for booking.
Exclusive Backpackers – 156 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, WA 6000
Located in the Perth CBD. Prices range from $27 to $130 per night.
Email email@example.com or call (08) 9221 9991 for more information and for booking.
A comprehensive list of hotels, bed and breakfasts, apartments and backpackers accommodation has been compiled by UWA Housing and can be found here.